- Depart Shellharbour Village 7:00am – Addison Street
- Depart Warrawong 9:00am – Wave FM, Hoskins Street
- Depart Wollongong 11:30am – One Agency, 103 Kiera Street
- Depart Fairy Meadow 12:00pm – One Agency, 19 Princes Highway
- Depart Thirroul 2:00pm – One Agency, 349 Lawrence Hargraves Drive
- Depart Coalcliff Surf Club 7:00am
- Depart Thirroul 9:00am – One Agency, 349 Lawrence Hargraves Drive
- Depart Fairy Meadow 11:00am – One Agency, 19 Princes Highway
- Depart Wollongong 12.30pm – One Agency, 103 Kiera Street
- Depart Warrawong 2:30pm – Wave FM, Hoskins Street
The following directions are a suggested guide for the walk.
DAY 1 – SATURDAY 17 MARCH
Shellharbour Village to Warrawong 13km
Shellharbour Village - meet at 6.30am for 7am start
Starting Addison Street, Shellharbour Village
Proceed North on Wollongong St, turn right onto Shellharbour Road.
Proceed North through Windang to Warrawong
Meet at Westfield Warrawong food court. Most walkers will arrive between 8.30am and 9.00am
Depart Warrawong at 9.00am
Warrawong to Wollongong 10km
Continue on Shellharbour Rd / Five Islands Rd North to Cringila
At Cringila Hotel Turn right into Springhill Rd
Approaching Wollongong Turn Left into Keira St
Follow Keira St approx 1.5km to Crown St Mall.
Arrive at East end of Crown St Mall Nr David Jones / Bandstand
Most walkers will arrive in Wollongong between 10.30am and 12pm.
Depart Wollongong at 11.30am
Wollongong to Thirroul Station 14km
Continue on Keira St / Princes Highway to North Wollongong
Continue over Northern Distributor overpass and stay on Princes Highway through Fairy Meadow, Corrimal, Russell Vale and on to Bulli.
(suggested break at Corrimal or Bulli)
Bulli RSL to Stanwell Park is 15km
Continue on Princes Highway, turn right into Lawrence Hargrave Drive to Thirroul
Depart Thirroul at 2.00pm
Thirroul Station to Stanwell Park 13km
Continue on Lawrence Hargrave Drive passing through Austinmer, Coledale, Wombarra, Scarborough, Clifton, Coalcliff to Stanwell Park
Austinmer to Stanwell Park is 11km (suggest a break at Austinmer)
Coledale RSL to Stanwell Park is 9km
Scarborough Hotel to Stanwell Park is 6km
Sea Cliff Bridge to Coalcliff is 3km
Arrive Coalcliff between 5.00pm and 7.00pm depending on fitness
Overnight at Coalcliff walkers arrange their own accommodation.
DAY 2 – SUNDAY 18 MARCH
Day two of the Great Illawarra Walk operates in the exact reverse direction of day one, finishing at The Shellharbour Club.
Tell your friends and family to be there to welcome you home, it's time to celebrate!